25301 ~ 25400

  1. I met Mary no longer ago than last Sunday.
    就在上星期天我还遇到玛丽。

  2. They both wanted to get that job, and there was no love lost between them.
    他们俩都想得到那份工作, 因此他们之间关系很坏。

  3. I had something to say, but it’s no matter.
    我本来有点事要讲, 但无关紧要。

  4. It’s no matter that he didn’t phone.
    他没有打电话也没关系。

  5. It makes no matter.
    那无关紧要。

  6. No matter what you say, I like to listen.
    不管你说什么, 我都喜欢听。

  7. Don’t open the door, no matter who calls!
    不管谁叫门, 都不要开!

  8. He’s decided to leave tomorrow, no matter what.
    不管发生什么事, 他已决定明天走。

  9. I’ll always love you, no matter what.
    不论出什么事, 我永远爱你。

  10. He’s no mean cook.
    他是个很好的厨师。

  11. Running ten miles is no mean achievement.
    跑十英里是了不起的成绩。

  12. He couldn’t lift the table and no more could I.
    他抬不动那张桌子, 我也抬不动。

  13. The ship sank below the waves, and was seen no more.
    船沉到浪涛里了, 再也看不见了。

  14. You’re no more capable of speaking Chinese than I am.
    你我都不会说汉语。

  15. I want the best man for the job and will pay the best wages; money (is) no object.
    我要一个最适合干这项工作的人, 我将付给他最高的工资, 钱不成问题。

  16. I’m moving out—no offence to you but I just don’t like the atmosphere.
    我要搬出去了—请你们不要见怪, 我只不过是不喜欢这里的气氛而已。

  17. He has no other friends than you.
    他除你以外没有朋友。

  18. It was no other than my mother.
    这正是我的母亲。

  19. “I’m sorry for knocking you.”“No problem.”
    “对不起撞了你一下。”“没关系。”

  20. “Will you be able to get me tickets?”“Of course, no problem.”
    “你能给我弄到票吗?”“当然可以, 没问题。”

  21. I had no sooner lain down than the telephone rang.
    我刚躺下, 电话铃就响了。

  22. No sooner had I heard the knock than I opened the door.
    当我听到敲门声, 我马上就开门了。

  23. No such person exists.
    这样的人是不存在的。

  24. “Could you manage it?”“No sweat!”
    “你能对付吗?”“毫无问题!”

  25. I am feeling better now, no thanks to you.
    我现在觉得好些了, 并非由于你的帮助。

  26. There’s no way I’m agreeing to that!
    这件事我决不同意!

  27. We’ve not had a new car for years.No wonder, as we’ve hardly any money.
    我们多年来没有买新汽车, 这毫不足怪, 因为我们几乎没有钱。

  28. He is a noble man, we all admire him.
    他是一个道德高尚的人, 我们都敬佩他。

  29. His attempt to save the poor people’s homes was truly noble.
    他拯救穷人家园的尝试确实非常高尚。

  30. It was very noble of you to look after your old neighbour when she was sick.
    你的心真好, 你的老邻居生病时你一直照料她。

  31. Niagara falls is a noble sight.
    尼亚加拉瀑布是一壮观的景色。

  32. He was descended from a noble family.
    他出身于贵族家庭。

  33. He was nobler than his neighbours.
    他比他的邻居出身高贵。

  34. When the nobles rebelled, the king battled them.
    当贵族谋反时, 国王便出兵攻打他们。

  35. It was so cold that nobody can make his hands naked.
    天气太冷, 没有人能把手露在外面。

  36. He is a mere nobody, and it is mere a matter of time for people to recognize him.
    他只不过是个小人物, 要大家认清这一点只是时间问题。

  37. Pamela is nobody’s fool; she’ll master her new job in a couple of days.
    帕梅拉精得很, 她会在一两天内胜任新的工作。

  38. I nodded at him in greeting.
    我向他点头打招呼。

  39. He nodded to show that he understood.
    他点头表示他懂了。

  40. She nodded her head when she passed me in the street.
    当她在街上走过我身旁时, 向我点了点头。

  41. He nodded a welcome to Mary.
    他向玛丽点头表示欢迎。

  42. Grandmother sat nodding by the fire.
    祖母坐在火炉旁打瞌睡。

  43. The judges gave the nod to the winning challenger.
    裁判们对挑战者的胜利给予确认。

  44. The teacher nodded me back.
    老师点头示意让我回来。

  45. The boss nodded me into his office.
    老板点点头示意我进他的办公室。

  46. The old man nodded off by the fire.
    那位老人在火炉边睡着了。

  47. He nodded off while she was speaking to him.
    她对他说话时, 他睡着了。

  48. He nodded to me in a friendly way.
    他友好地向我点点头。

  49. She nodded to us from across the room.
    她从房间的另一头向我们点头打招呼。

  50. He nodded to me to leave the room.
    他点头示意我离开房间。

  51. The noise awoke me from my sleep.
    喧闹声使我从睡梦中醒过来。

  52. I requested them to stop making such a noise.
    我请求他们不要再这样吵闹。

  53. The engine’s making funny noises.
    引擎发出奇怪的声音。

  54. I wish those noisy children would sober down.
    我希望那些闹哄哄的孩子们静下来。

  55. It’s very noisy in this office.
    这个办公室里十分喧闹。

  56. The king was only the nominal head of the state.
    国王只是这个国家名义上的元首。

  57. The settler got the house at a nominal price.
    移居者象征性地花点钱买下了这栋房子。

  58. The charge of the box lunch was nominal.
    午餐盒饭收费很少。

  59. I nominate John.
    我推荐约翰。

  60. I nominate Bill as the club president.
    我提名比尔为俱乐部主席候选人。

  61. The President nominated me his representative at the meeting.
    总统任命我为他的代表出席会议。

  62. I nominate Tom to make the tea.
    我指派汤姆去沏茶。

  63. Mark is the nominee for Treasurer.
    马克被提名为司库。

  64. Any principle is preferable to none.
    任何原则都比没原则好。

  65. She has taken a lot of different medicines, but none has cured the disease.
    她已经服过许多不同的药, 但没有一种药能治愈这种病。

  66. As a football player he is second to none.
    作为一名足球队员, 谁都超不过他。

  67. There were none for him to read.
    没有人为他朗读。

  68. If you need a repairman, there’s none better than my brother.
    如果你需要一个修理工, 我兄弟再合适不过了。

  69. None has[have] arrived yet.
    还没人来。

  70. None of money is mine.
    这笔钱没有一点是我的。

  71. None of guests want to stay.
    客人中没有一个想留下不走的。

  72. After all his explanations, I remained none the wiser.
    他讲了半天, 我还是糊里糊涂。

  73. He did it none too well.
    他做得一点也不好。

  74. None but my mother fully understands my condition.
    最了解我的情况的人不是别人正是我的母亲。

  75. Put none but Americans on guard tonight.
    今夜只让美国人担任警戒。

  76. The new arrival was none other than the President.
    刚到的不是别人, 正是总统。

  77. He was none the worse for his adventure.
    他经历这件惊险事倒没受到伤害。

  78. He is none too smart.
    他一点也不精明。

  79. She left out three words when she copied the sentence and the result was nonsense.
    她抄这个句子时漏了三个词, 结果使这句话毫无意义。

  80. Stop that nonsense, children!
    别胡闹了, 孩子们!

  81. He finished off two bowls of chicken noodles soup in no time.
    他很快吃完了两碗鸡汤面。

  82. It approached noon.
    时已正午。

  83. The Prime Minister is scheduled to arrive at noon.
    首相定于中午到达。

  84. The marines landed at noon.
    海军陆战队在中午登陆。

  85. The judge handed his decision down at noon.
    法官中午下了判决。

  86. The goods will be delivered at noon tomorrow.
    明天中午交货。

  87. Can you guarantee to get these before noon?
    你能保证在中午之前弄到这些吗?

  88. Not a flower nor even a blade of grass will grow in this desert.
    没有一朵花甚至一片草会生长在这沙漠里。

  89. He can’t do it, nor can I, nor can you, nor can anybody.
    他不能做, 我也不能, 你也不能, 任何人都不能。

  90. All that is true, nor must we forget about it.
    那全是真的, 我们可不能忘记。

  91. He would neither come in nor go out.
    他既不进来, 也不出去。

  92. Of his age, the child is above the norm in arithmetic.
    在他那个年龄, 这个孩子的算术能力是超过标准的。

  93. Everyone should abide by our social norms.
    我们每个人都应该遵守社会行为准则。

  94. She braced herself to lead a normal life.
    她振作起来去过正常生活。

  95. Everything is normal here.
    这里一切正常。

  96. He received four years of normal edication at college.
    他在大学受了四年正规教育。

  97. Let’s face it, people who have a capacity for work normally succeed.
    不管怎么说, 有工作能力的人一般总会成功的。

  98. I still remember the mountains in the north, locked in snow and ice.
    我还记得北方那冰雪封住的群山。

  99. The needle of a compass points to the north.
    罗盘的指针指向北方。

  100. The riots swept the industrial north and midland.
    暴动席卷了工业化的北部和中部地区。