101 ~ 200

  1. The lady returned from Boston Monday week.
    这位女士是上上个星期一从波士顿回来的。

  2. She’ll go to China Monday week.
    她将在下下个星期一去中国。

  3. I agree, Monsignor.
    我同意, 阁下。

  4. Their secret engagement was finally revealed.I always say murder will out.
    他们的密约终于被揭露了, 我常说纸是包不住火的。

  5. The main impulse for the unrest came from extremist Muslims.
    动乱的主要动力来自于极端的伊斯兰教徒。

  6. The Muslim religion was founded by Mohammed.
    伊斯兰教是默罕默德创始的。

  7. Poor, my hat!He’s got more money than either.
    穷, 那才怪呢!他的钱比我们两个谁都多。

  8. My word!You look pale today!
    哎呀!你的脸色今天看来实在苍白!

  9. Never mind, next time I’m sure you can do better.
    不要紧, 我相信你下一次一定能做得好些的。

  10. Never mind. Please don’t go for it. I shan’t want it.
    没关系。请不要去拿了, 我用不着。

  11. Never mind him, he is not serious.
    不要介意, 他是说着玩的。

  12. But never mind that; it doesn’t matter.
    可别介意; 没有关系。

  13. Never mind who told me, that’s of no importance.
    不用管是谁告诉我的, 这无关紧要。

  14. Never mind what others said; we want your opinion.
    不要管别人是怎么说的, 我们要的是你的意见。

  15. Never mind what the price is; if it is what we need, we’ll buy it.
    多少价钱不管, 如果是需要的东西, 我们就买。

  16. It happened on November first.
    这件事发生在11月1日。

  17. September and October are the months of the year during which most English people take their holidays.
    一年中9、10两个月是大多数英国人休假的月份。

  18. Winning an Olympic gold medal was, I suppose, the supreme moment of his life.
    我认为荣获奥运会金牌是他一生中最重要的时刻。

  19. You don’t have to go to Oxbridge to receive a good university education.
    不上牛津剑桥也能获得良好的教育。

  20. My uncle give me money!Pigs might fly!
    我叔叔会给我钱!那是不可能的事!

  21. The vast majority of the workers here are Protestants.
    这里的工人绝大多是新教徒。

  22. The students of Umtata High School were mostly Protestant.
    乌姆塔塔中学的学生大多数是新教徒。

  23. Yes, I did know about your new car—and by the way, Queen Anne’s dead.
    是的, 我的确知道你买了辆新车——顺便说一下, 这已不是新闻了。

  24. The house itself was full of Regency furniture.
    这所住宅到处陈列着摄政时期的家具。

  25. Rumor has it that you have grandson.
    听说你有孙子了。

  26. Rumor has it that he is having an affair with his secretary.
    谣传他和他的秘书有暧昧关系。

  27. I hope to go shopping on Saturday next.
    我希望在下星期六去购物。

  28. He went abroad last Saturday.
    他上星期六到国外去了。

  29. “What’s the time?”“Search me!I haven’t got a watch.”
    “几点了?”“不知道, 我没戴表。”

  30. Our school will begin on Sept.3.
    我们学校将在九月三日开学。

  31. I see, so that’s your game; you’re going to paint the windows before the doors.
    我明白了, 原来那就是你的主意:你打算先油漆窗户, 而后油漆门。

  32. “He says he doesn’t like you.”“So what?”
    “他说他不喜欢你。”“那又怎么样呢?”

  33. My birthday is on a Sunday this year.
    我今年的生日是在一个星期天。

  34. They will come on Sunday.
    他们将于星期天来。

  35. She is very religious person who goes to church every Sunday.
    她十分虔诚, 每个星期天都上教堂。

  36. She will go home to take part in the Thanksgiving dinner this weekend.
    周末她要回家参加感恩节餐会。

  37. The game is up; the principal knows the boys have been smoking in the basement.
    这下完了, 校长知道这些男孩们一直在地下室里抽烟。

  38. The sands of his life are fast running out.
    他的寿命很快将尽。

  39. The minimum investment is 100 dollars, but the sky’s the limit.
    投资额最少要一百美元, 没有上限。

  40. The story goes that he was murdered.
    据说他被谋杀了。

  41. The story goes that he’s run off with his secretary, but I can’t believe it, can you?
    传闻称他同他的秘书私奔了, 可是我不相信, 你相信吗?

  42. There is no mistaking the fact.
    事实一清二楚。

  43. There could be no mistaking what he had come for.
    他前来的目的一清二楚。

  44. The weather is so good that there is no question of wearing our raincoats.
    天气如此之好, 我们不必穿雨衣。

  45. There was no question of anybody not having enough food to eat.
    人人都没有足够的东西吃, 这是毫无疑问的。

  46. There is no use in that.
    那样没有用。

  47. There is no use in asking.
    问也没有用。

  48. Bernard paid much more for his car than it is really worth—there’s one born every minute!
    伯纳德付的钱远远超过这辆车的价值, 真是太蠢了!

  49. Mrs. Jones is at home on Thursday.
    琼斯太太每星期四在家接待客人。

  50. She works Thursdays.
    她每星期四上班。

  51. I don’t understand a modern day account of the Holy Trinity.
    我对现代的基督教三位一体的解释不理解。

  52. Last Tuesday we went to the Summer Palace.
    上个星期二我们去了颐和园。

  53. I discovered that my husband was having an affair—well, two can play at that game!
    我发现我丈夫有风流韵事——好了, 那一套不只他会, 我也会!

  54. Many millions of people have allegedly seen UFOs in the USA.
    在美国, 有数百万人声称目睹过不明飞行物。

  55. They treated him like a VIP.
    他们把他当要人对待。

  56. We’ll meet on Wednesday.
    我们星期三见面。

  57. On the Wednesday she got worse.
    这个星期三, 她病得更严重了。

  58. On Wednesdays I do the shopping.
    每星期三我都去买东西。

  59. The lady returned from Boston Wednesday week.
    这位女士是上上个星期三从波士顿回来的。

  60. She’ll go to China Wednesday week.
    她将在下下个星期三去中国。

  61. What price a successful career if it ruins your marriage?
    如果一番成功的事业毁掉了你的婚姻, 这事业又有什么用处呢?

  62. What price going to the cinema tonight?
    今晚去看电影怎么样?

  63. What’s the game?Why is everybody looking at me like that?
    出了什么事啦?为什么所有的人都那样看着我?

  64. What’s the matter?
    出了什么事?

  65. What’s the matter with your eyes?
    你的眼睛怎么了?

  66. What’s your game?What are you doing in my garden?
    你在干什么?你在我的花园里干什么?

  67. “Will you come with us?”“Will a duck swim?”
    “你和我们一起去好吗?”“那还用问吗?”

  68. “I’ve washed the car for you.”“Wonders will never cease!”
    “我替你把汽车擦洗了。”“真是无奇不有!”

  69. Would you be kind enough to do it for me?
    劳驾你帮我做这件事好吗?

  70. Would you be kind enough to close the window?
    请你把窗户关上好吗?

  71. X-rays are used by doctors to examine the bones or organs inside our body.
    X光被医生用来检查人体内部的骨骼和器官。

  72. She went to the hospital for an X-ray yesterday.
    她昨天去医院作了X光检查。

  73. The chest X-rays showed moderate enlargement of the heart.
    胸部X光片显示出心脏稍有扩大。

  74. They can’t tell till they X-ray.
    在使用X光检查之前, 他们还说不上来。

  75. I’ve never X-rayed for two years.
    我两年来没有做过X光检查。

  76. Have you X-rayed your chest?
    你的胸部用X光照过没有?

  77. They X-rayed her leg to find out if the bone was broken.
    他们用X光检查她的腿骨是否断了。

  78. It was so still you could have heard a pin drop.
    是那样的寂静, 连一根针落地的声音你都可以听到。

  79. “He’s passed his driving test.”“You must be joking—he can’t even steer straight!”
    “他的驾驶测验及格了。”“你一定是在开玩笑——他连方向盘都还握不正呢。”

  80. He needs an assistant.
    他需要一位助手。

  81. He works in a factory.
    他在一家工厂工作。

  82. When I entered the room, I saw a man standing at the window.
    我走进房间时, 看见一个男人站在窗前。

  83. A child needs love.
    儿童需要爱。

  84. The boy was paid two dollars a day.
    那男孩每天挣两美元。

  85. Apple costs five dollars a kilogram.
    苹果每千克五美元。

  86. A gentle wind disturbed the surface of the water.
    微风拂动水面。

  87. He was caught in a heavy rain.
    他遇上了一阵大雨。

  88. He awoke from a bad dream.
    他从噩梦般的处境中醒来。

  89. Our firm has just struck a bad patch.
    我们的公司刚遭厄运。

  90. He is a conservative bureaucrat who can be counted upon to follow a beaten path.
    他是一个保守的官僚, 他准会循规蹈矩地办事。

  91. His father is a big shot in steel industry.
    他父亲是钢铁大王。

  92. “How is your arm after the accident?”“It still hurts a bit.”
    “车祸以后你的胳膊怎么样了?”“还有点痛。”

  93. “How are you feeling?”“Oh, I’m feeling a little bit better today.”
    “你感觉如何?”“今天感觉稍好点儿。”

  94. Wait a bit!
    稍等一会儿!

  95. Move up a bit.
    稍微向上挪一下。

  96. It’s a bit thick to expect me to work until midnight!
    指望我工作到深夜?这有点不合情理吧!

  97. That new factory is a blot on the landscape.
    那新建的工厂破坏了此地的景色

  98. The story is just a blue moon.
    这个故事根本就是件不可能的事。

  99. Where have you been?I haven’t seen you in a blue moon.
    你到哪儿去了?我好久没见到你了。

  100. The property left by their father was a bone of contention between the brothers.
    他们父亲的遗产成为兄弟间争吵的问题。