2301 ~ 2400

  1. The toy dog is as large as life.
    这只玩具狗和真狗一样大。

  2. Believe it or not, he was here yesterday as large as life.
    信不信由你, 他昨天确确实实是在这儿。

  3. We thought he’d gone to Australia, but there he was, as large as life!
    我们以为他去澳洲了, 但他却出乎意料地出现在那里。

  4. As likely as not she’s forgotten all about it.
    很可能她把这事忘得一干二净了。

  5. I’ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on.
    只要我的钱还能维持一天, 我就在墨西哥待一天。

  6. I’ll never forget that as long as I am living.
    这事我至死也不会忘记。

  7. You may stay here as long as you like.
    你高兴在这儿待多久就待多久。

  8. As luck would have it, a doctor happened to be there when she fainted.
    她晕倒时幸好旁边正有一位医生。

  9. As luck would have it, there was a sudden gust when the fire broke out.
    当火灾发生时不幸遇上一阵大风。

  10. As luck would have it, I was out when he called.
    不巧得很, 他来访时我正好外出了。

  11. I would do as much for you.
    我同样为你这样做。

  12. I am as much again to cost.
    我花了同样多的钱。

  13. It was as much as I could do this thing.
    我已尽最大努力做这件事。

  14. There are about 100 people there, as near as I could judge.
    就我所能判断的来说, 那里约有100人。

  15. She was as near thirty as makes no differences the year war broke out.
    战争爆发的那一年, 她差不多30岁了。

  16. Originally paper money could, upon demand, as of right be changed into gold.
    原先, 只要有人求兑, 作为正当权利, 纸币都可以兑成黄金。

  17. One third of the total estate comes to you as of right, you know, whether your husband has left a will or not.
    不论你的丈夫是否留下了遗嘱, 三分之一的财产作为应享的法定权利归你所有。

  18. As often as he’s tried to go there, he’s always failed.
    每次他争取去那里都未能成行。

  19. When it’s foggy, the trains are late as often as not.
    雾大时, 火车往往晚点。

  20. Many of the tribe’s customs and rituals are as old as the hills.
    这部落的许多风俗、仪式都极其古老。

  21. They answered his question as one man.
    他们齐声回答他的问题。

  22. I’d trust her with my life’s savings—she’s as open as the day.
    我会把一生的存款都交给她——她是极其诚实的。

  23. I don’t know how they manage to bring up four children—they’re as poor as church mice.
    我不知道他们如何设法养育4个孩子——他们一贫如洗。

  24. The tiny cottage with its leaded windows and thatched roof was as pretty as a picture.
    这家有铅条窗户和草盖屋顶的小农舍美丽如画。

  25. He was as proud as a peacock when he passed his driving test at the first attempt.
    他在第一次尝试中通过驾驶测试时得意洋洋。

  26. She’s tall, blonde, twenty-three and as pure as the driven snow.
    她23岁, 高个子、白肤、金发碧眼, 是个纯洁无瑕的姑娘。

  27. It was as quite as a grave in there, you could just hear the wind moving the trees.
    那里一片死寂,你能听到风吹动树叶的声音。

  28. Tina is as quiet as a mouse—you hardly know she’s there.
    蒂娜很文静——你几乎不知道她在那儿。

  29. As regards John, I will write to him at once.
    至于约翰, 我会立即给他去信。

  30. I have little information as regards his past.
    我对他过去的情况不太了解。

  31. She arrives every day at eight, as regular as clockwork.
    她每天八点钟到, 极有规律

  32. The child was as sharp as a needle and soon began to use different words.
    这孩子非常聪明, 很快就开始运用不同的的词汇了。

  33. Mary is as sick as a parrot about losing her watch.
    玛丽丢了表之后非常不高兴。

  34. John is really jealous of my new house—he’s as sick as a parrot.
    约翰非常嫉妒我有了一栋新房子, 他是个十足的妒忌鬼。

  35. Come here as soon as you finish the work.
    工作一结束你就到这里来。

  36. I’d go there as soon as not.
    我很乐意到那里去。

  37. The old couple will attempt to leave the town as soon as possible.
    这对老夫妇想尽快离开这个小城。

  38. Please oblige me with a reply as soon as possible.
    请尽早给予答复。

  39. Look at me! I’ve no symptoms, I’m as sound as a bell.
    看我!我完全没有病, 健康得很。

  40. He went for a medical examination and the doctor said he was as sound as a bell.
    他去做体检, 医生说他非常健康。

  41. It’s not an agreement as such, but it will have virtually the same effect as one.
    它算不上是协定, 但实际上起协定的作用。

  42. How far is it from here to Nottingham?—Twenty miles as the crow flies.
    从这里到诺丁汉有多远?——直线距离20英里。

  43. As the proverb goes, time is money.
    俗语说, 时间就是金钱。

  44. He is paralyzed as the result of a would-be assassin’s bullet years ago.
    几年前有人对他行刺未遂, 但子弹使他瘫痪了。

  45. As the story goes, she left him as soon as she discovered that he had no money.
    据说她一发现他没有钱就离开了他。

  46. It sounds as though there is a knock at the door.
    听起来好像有人在敲门。

  47. It seems as though it was spring already.
    现在好像是春天了。

  48. He likes to talk big as though he was an important person.
    他老爱说大话, 就仿佛他是一位要人似的。

  49. He looks as though he would not hurt a fly.
    他看起来善良得连只苍蝇都不肯伤害。

  50. The house was lit up as though a big celebration was going on.
    整个屋子灯火辉煌, 犹如在举行盛大庆典。

  51. I have no doubts as to your ability.
    关于你的能力我毫不怀疑。

  52. We sorted the eggs as to size and colour.
    我们按着大小和颜色挑选鸡蛋。

  53. I got up at six that morning as usual.
    像往常一样那天早上我六点起床。

  54. He speaks English and Spanish as well.
    他既能说英语, 也能说西班牙语。

  55. There may be travel expense, as well.
    可能还有旅途费用。

  56. What frightened you?You’ve gone as white as a sheet.
    什么使你这么害怕?你脸色苍白。

  57. As yet, I haven’t met her.
    到现在为止, 我还没遇见她。

  58. This shirt cost me as much again as the last one I bought.
    这件衬衫比我上次买的那件贵一倍。

  59. I have books as many again as you.
    我的书比你的多一倍。

  60. I saw it as clearly as anything.
    我看得一清二楚。

  61. She worked as hard as ever.
    她工作还像过去那样努力。

  62. You’d better give us as much factual evidence as possible.
    你最好向我们尽可能多地提供事实证据。

  63. The climbers slowly ascended the mountain.
    爬山运动员慢慢地登上了这座山。

  64. The final ascent took only half an hour.
    最后那次登高只花了半小时。

  65. I ascertained that she was dead.
    我断定她已经死了。

  66. Darren ascribed his success to luck.
    达伦把他的成功归因于运气。

  67. He ascribed his good health to proper diet and exercise.
    他把身体好归功于适当的饮食及运动。

  68. Men have ascribed their own characteristics to their gods.
    人们认为他们的特性属于诸神。

  69. This invention is ascribed to Edison.
    这项发明被认为是属于爱迪生的。

  70. Coke is an economical fuel but it leaves a lot of ash.
    焦炭是一种很经济的燃料, 可是燃烧后剩下很多灰。

  71. The house was burnt down to ashes.
    房子被烧成了灰烬。

  72. Her ashes were spread over the sea.
    她的骨灰被撒到海里。

  73. Her husband felt ashamed at her behaviour.
    她丈夫为她的行为感到害臊。

  74. He felt ashamed of having done so little.
    他为自己干得太少而感到羞愧。

  75. He felt very much ashamed whenever he encountered any of his old mates.
    每遇到老相识时, 他总是感到很难为情。

  76. He managed to swim ashore.
    他设法向岸边游过去。

  77. He stepped aside to let them pass.
    他站到一旁让他们通过。

  78. Everything was quiet, aside from the occasional sound of a car in the distance.
    除了远处偶尔有汽车的声响外, 四周一片寂静。

  79. I didn’t accept the job because it was badly paid and aside from that, it wasn’t very interesting.
    我没接受这个工作, 因为工资既少, 又非常乏味。

  80. If you don’t know, you must ask.
    假如你不知道, 你就要问。

  81. She asked how to mend the radio.
    她问无线电怎么修。

  82. We ask you ten dollars.
    我们向你要价十美元。

  83. I must ask to be excused.
    我必须请求原谅。

  84. He asked that they should be allowed to leave.
    他请求允许他们离开。

  85. They were asked to attend the meeting.
    他们应邀出席会议。

  86. Uncle Hill asked about you the other day.
    前些日子希尔大叔问起你。

  87. I have nothing more to ask you about apart from these questions.
    除了这些问题, 我没有别的要了解了。

  88. Jones has been asking after you.
    琼斯一直在探问你的健康状况。

  89. Was Aunt Sarah asked after?
    向萨拉婶婶问好了吗?

  90. Might I ask for a photograph of your little daughter?
    我能要一张你小女儿的照片吗?

  91. We often asked the veteran workers for advice.
    我们常常向老工人求教。

  92. He is very ill and keeps asking for his daughter.
    他病得很厉害, 再三要求见他的女儿。

  93. They asked for it by using that rude manner with me.
    他们对我态度粗野, 想找麻烦。

  94. He’s planning to ask for his cards.
    他正在计划要求辞职。

  95. The newspaper quoted him telling a group of people that he would ask for his cards soon.
    报纸引述他的话告诉一批人他将要求辞职。

  96. He failed to finish the plan, so they placed great pressure on him to ask for his cards.
    他没完成计划, 因此他们对他大施压力要求他辞职。

  97. It is semiofficially stated that he has asked for his cards.
    据半官方的消息说, 他已要求辞职。

  98. He suffered the humiliation of being forced to ask for his cards.
    他蒙受了被迫要求辞职的羞辱。

  99. I had intended asking for my cards in June, but I think I shall stick it out till the end of the year.
    我本来打算6月里要求辞职的, 不过我想还是坚持到年底。

  100. You are asking for trouble when you behave in that way.
    你那种行为是自找苦吃。