42001 ~ 42100

  1. What?Can you say that again?
    什么?你能再说一遍吗?

  2. I think this is a good idea.What about you?
    我认为这是个好主意。你认为如何?

  3. What about money?
    有关钱的事呢?

  4. What do you mean, you don’t like my cooking?
    你是什么意思?你是不喜欢我做的饭?

  5. What do you mean by coming home so late?
    你怎么竟敢这么晚才回家?

  6. When I asked him if he could do so, he replied proudly, “What else?
    ”我问他是否做得到时, 他傲然地回答“那还用问吗?”

  7. What if you should fail?
    假如你失败了, 该怎么办呢?

  8. They are going to get married, and what’s more they are setting up in business together.
    他们就要结婚了, 而且还要一起做生意呢。

  9. After a hard day at work, a nice meal at home is just what the doctor ordered.
    一天的辛苦工作后, 家里的一顿美餐正合我意。

  10. “I need a computer.”“Oh yes?What’s the damage?”
    “我需要一台电脑。”“是吗?要多少钱?”

  11. I will do whatever you wish.
    我会对你言听计从。

  12. We will never give up working, whatever happens.
    无论发生什么事, 我们都不会放弃工作。

  13. Whatever happens, you must survive all along.
    不管发生什么事, 你必须好好活着。

  14. The farmer grows a lot of wheat.
    这位农民种了许多小麦。

  15. Flour is made from wheat.
    面粉是用麦子磨成的。

  16. They have wheedled a holiday from the headmaster.
    他们哄骗校长而获得了假日。

  17. The children wheedled me into letting them go to the film.
    孩子们把我哄得同意让他们去看电影了。

  18. A wheel revolves round its axis.
    轮子是绕轴旋转的。

  19. Platoon, right wheel!
    全排向右转!

  20. He wheeled and faced his opponent squarely.
    他转过身来面对着他的对手。

  21. The sails of the windmill were wheeling round.
    风车的翼转个不停。

  22. I shall be glad when she wheels the old man away.
    等她把那个老人推走我就高兴了。

  23. When the weather is good, I usually go to the country.
    若是天气好的话, 我总是到乡下去。

  24. When my ship comes in I intend to take a year’s holiday traveling around the world.
    有朝一日我有钱时, 我要休假一年, 周游世界。

  25. That was the year when the ballon went up.
    那是厄运当头的一年。

  26. Now that the strike is over, we must form a management-staff committee when the dust has settled.
    罢工已结束, 我们必须在骚乱平息后建立职员管理委员会。

  27. You may leave whenever you please.
    你愿意什么时候离开就什么时候离开。

  28. Whenever we meet him we speak to him.
    每次我们见到他, 我们都和他讲话。

  29. Whenever did you buy that?
    那你到底是什么时候买的?

  30. This is the house where the great man was born.
    这所房子便是那位伟人出生的地方。

  31. She was shown into a small room, where there was a dying man.
    她被领进了一间小屋子, 那里有一个垂死的人。

  32. They live where the police can’t get them.
    他们住在警察抓不到他们的地方。

  33. That’s where it is.
    那才是真正的理由所在。

  34. He wants to live in London because he thinks that’s where the action is.
    他想住在伦敦, 因为他认为那里是个热闹的地方。

  35. That’s where the shoe pinches.
    那就是困难所在。

  36. Whereabouts in Scotland do they live?
    他们住在苏格兰的什么地方呢?

  37. He became a person whose whereabouts is[are] unknown to me.
    他的下落我不知道。

  38. Some praise him, whereas others condemn him.
    有些人赞扬他, 而有些人谴责他。

  39. Whereby shall we know her?
    我们靠什么认出她呢?

  40. Wherefore did you go there?
    你为什么去那儿?

  41. He was angry, wherefore I was afraid to ask him.
    他发火了, 所以我不敢去问他。

  42. She knew wherein her gross defects lay.
    她知道自己的重大缺点在哪里。

  43. He insulted her, whereupon she slapped him.
    他侮辱她, 于是她给了他一巴掌。

  44. I will find him wherever he may be.
    无论他在哪儿, 我都要找到他。

  45. Wherever possible, the illustrations are taken from literature.
    只要有可能, 例证都取自文学作品。

  46. Wherever the film star goes, there are crowds of people waiting to see her.
    这位电影明星所到之处都有成群的人等着见她。

  47. Wherever are you taking me?
    你究竟要把我带到什么地方去?

  48. She was in doubt whether she was right.
    她对她是否正确拿不准。

  49. Whether you like the idea or not, I’m going ahead with it.
    无论你是否喜欢这个意见, 我将继续做下去。

  50. That is the house which I built.
    那是我建的房子。

  51. Ask him which he wants.
    问他一下他要哪一个。

  52. I can’t decide which to choose.
    我无法决定要选哪一个。

  53. Let me know which train you’ll be arriving on.
    告诉我你要坐哪一趟车来。

  54. Choose whichever of them you like best.
    选一个你最喜欢的吧。

  55. Whichever of them are you going to help?
    你究竟帮助他们当中的哪一个?

  56. Whichever book do you like?
    你到底喜欢哪一本书?

  57. Whichever day you come, we will be pleased to see you.
    无论你哪一天来, 我们都很高兴。

  58. A whiff of fresh air cleared his head.
    他吸了一点新鲜空气后头脑清醒了。

  59. He lost consciousness at the first whiff of ether.
    他一嗅到乙醚便失去了知觉。

  60. Now and again, he caught a whiff of a peculiar smell.
    他不时闻到一股怪味。

  61. While in prison, he wrote his first novel.
    他在狱中写出了第一部小说。

  62. She bought that dress on a whim.
    她一时心血来潮就买了那件连衣裙。

  63. He whipped the horse to make it go faster.
    他鞭打马使它跑得更快。

  64. The culprit will be whipped when he is found.
    那个罪犯被找到后就要挨鞭子。

  65. She is whipping the eggs.
    她正在打鸡蛋。

  66. Whip the ingredients into a smooth paste.
    把配料搅拌成均匀的糊状。

  67. Who’s whipped my book?
    谁把我的书偷走了?

  68. The bamboo whipped back and hit me in the face.
    那竹子突然弹回打在我的脸上。

  69. Their team really whipped ours at football.
    他们的足球队彻底击败了我们队。

  70. It’s cruel to use a whip to punish a child.
    用鞭子惩罚孩子是残酷的。

  71. He whipped away to Cairo.
    他突然去了开罗。

  72. She whipped her hand away, unwilling to let him touch it.
    她急速地把手抽开, 不愿让他碰。

  73. Why did you whip me away when I was just beginning to enjoy the party?
    我刚刚对这个聚会发生兴趣, 你为什么急着把我拉走呢?

  74. She opened the door and the cat whipped in.
    她打开门, 那只猫一闪而入。

  75. The speaker soon whipped the crowd into a fever of excitement.
    演讲者很快便使听众群情激奋。

  76. When I turned round, I found that she had whipped off to avoid awkward questions.
    当我转回身时, 我发现她为了逃避一些棘手的问题已匆匆离去。

  77. He whipped off his coat.
    他迅速脱去上衣。

  78. She whipped the child off to the doctor before I had time to look at him.
    我还没来得及看看这孩子, 她就急着带他到医生那儿去。

  79. Whipping his horse on, he reached the finishing post just ahead of the other riders.
    他挥鞭策马, 刚好赶在其他骑手前到达终点。

  80. Just then the door opened and the cat whipped out, with the dog chasing it.
    恰在此时门开了, 那只猫窜了出来, 狗在后面紧追不舍。

  81. The intruder whipped out a knife from his pocket.
    闯进来的人突然从他的口袋里掏出一把刀来。

  82. I can whip round to your place after work and collect the papers that I need for tomorrow.
    我可以下班后去你住处取我明天所需要的文件。

  83. Suddenly he whipped round and saw me.
    他突然转过身, 看见了我。

  84. If I whip through the work this afternoon, I’ll be able to go home early.
    如果我今天下午赶快把工作做完, 就能早回家。

  85. The storm whipped up powerful waves.
    暴风雨激起了巨浪。

  86. The speaker soon whipped the crowd up until they were ready to march.
    演说家很快把群众煽动起来, 直到他们乐于行进。

  87. I’ll whip up a meal in no time.
    我将会很快做出一顿饭菜。

  88. He could not possibly have endured a whipping without a whimper.
    他不可能一声不吭地忍受鞭打。

  89. He whirled round to see what was happening.
    他迅速转过去看发生了什么事。

  90. He whirled his stick above his head.
    他拿着棍子在头顶上挥舞。

  91. The dancer suddenly made a whirl.
    那位舞蹈演员突然做了一个旋转动作。

  92. My thoughts were in a whirl.
    我的思想一片混乱。

  93. A whirlpool is formed by water going round very fast.
    漩涡是由不断快速旋转的水形成的。

  94. The school was seriously damaged by a whirlwind.
    学校因旋风袭击而遭到严重破坏。

  95. The horse stood whisking its tail.
    那匹马站着挥动尾巴。

  96. With a whisk of its tail, it has gone.
    它尾巴一摇就跑了。

  97. He whisked the dust off his desk with a cloth.
    他用一块布把桌子的灰尘掸掉。

  98. There is a tea whisk on the table.
    桌子上有个搅茶器。

  99. The cow brushed off the flies with a whisk of its tail.
    那头母牛尾巴一甩拂走了苍蝇。

  100. He watched the cat cleaning the milk off her whiskers.
    他看着猫舔胡须上的牛奶。