17101 ~ 17200

  1. She had ants in her pants ever since she won that ticket to Bermuda.
    她自从赢得那张前往百慕大的机票后一直急于启程。

  2. It’s dangerous to have a gun around the house.
    在家里放着枪很危险。

  3. I have some money somewhere around me.
    我身上带着些钱。

  4. I have a thing around celery. I can’t stand it.
    我很讨厌芹菜, 我无法忍受它(的味道)。

  5. They have as much chance as a snowflake in hell.
    他们毫无希望。

  6. The two men had at each other with fists and feet.
    那两个人拳脚并用互相扭打起来。

  7. He fought bravely, haveing his enemies at bay.
    他英勇战斗, 阻止住了敌人向前推进。

  8. When can you let me have back the money that I lent you?
    你什么时候能把我借给你的钱还给我?

  9. What you said had not much bearing on the problem.
    你说的话跟这个问题没有多大关系。

  10. Don’t worry about leaving all the arrangements to him.He has broad enough shoulders.
    把全部准备工作交给他就放心吧, 他是很能挑重担的。

  11. She has credit with the boss.
    她得到了老板的信任。

  12. The man has designs on your money.
    那人图谋你的钱财。

  13. She doesn’t let him have egg on his face in public.
    她没有让他当众出丑。

  14. How did you know I was behind you?You must have eyes in the back of your head.
    你怎么知道我在你后面?你脑袋后面准是长了眼睛吧。

  15. We have a lot of fun in the park.
    我们在公园里玩得很快活。

  16. I have no fun in spending the evening doing nothing.
    我晚上闲着无事很无聊。

  17. I had great fun playing cards with them.
    我和他们玩纸牌玩得非常高兴。

  18. I’m surprised you haven’t had enough of him yet.
    我很惊讶你还能忍受他。

  19. I’ve had enough of their continual chatter.
    我已厌烦了他们喋喋不休的闲谈。

  20. This old TV has had it—it’s time we bought a new one.
    这台旧电视已经不行了, 我们该买台新的了。

  21. I’ve had it! I’m going home.
    我受够了!我要回家去。

  22. Do we have enough wine in for the dinner party?
    我们贮备的酒够宴会用吗?

  23. He had his friends in for coffee on Sunday afternoon.
    他邀请他的朋友星期天下午到他家来喝咖啡。

  24. I had those fools in utter contempt.
    我根本瞧不起那些蠢货。

  25. He has got the election in his pocket.
    他在选举中稳操胜券。

  26. Even before he plunges into his program, he has his audience in his pocket.
    他的节目甚至还没有出场, 就已控制住了观众。

  27. I have it on the best authority that we will be paid for our work next week.
    我从最可靠的方面得到消息, 我们下星期就可以领到工资。

  28. Bobby must have it his way and play the game by his rules.
    鲍比一定要按自己的方式和自己的规则办事。

  29. Rumors have it that the school was burned down.
    有谣言说学校给烧掉了。

  30. Mary wanted to give the party at her house, but her mother wouldn’t have it.
    玛丽想在家里举行聚会, 可是她母亲不答应。

  31. When the senators vote, the ayes will have it.
    参议员投票时, 投赞成票的人将占多数。

  32. “I have it!” said John to Mary, “We can buy mother a nice comb for her birthday.
    ”约翰对玛丽说“我有办法了!我们可以给妈妈买一把精美的梳子作生日礼物”。

  33. You cannot have it both ways. You must either stay home or come with us.
    你不可能一身二用, 要不你留在家里, 要不就跟我们一起去。

  34. Such a system is fine for those who have it in them to succeed.
    这样的制度对那些有能力成功的人来说如鱼得水。

  35. One of the teachers really has it in for Charlie—she shouts at him all the time.
    有一位教师确实和查理过不去——她老是对他大声叫嚷。

  36. I couldn’t see the point of letting him have it his own way.
    我不明白让他自行其是有什么道理。

  37. She had already had a large hand in the matter.
    她在这件事上出了不少力。

  38. Brenda has long ears; someday, she’s going to hear something that will upset her.
    布伦达爱打听别人的事情, 总有一天, 她会听到使她心烦意乱的事情。

  39. I have many demands on my time.
    我有许多事情要花时间去办。

  40. I have many demands on my money.
    我有许多地方要花钱。

  41. I’ve never seen anyone spend so much in one evening; he must have money to burn!
    我从未见过一晚上就挥霍掉这么多钱的人, 他一定有的是钱。

  42. When Joe is twenty-one he will have money to burn.
    乔满21岁时就会有很多的钱。

  43. You have no business to do that.
    你没权做那事。

  44. The weather has no business to be so hot in spring.
    春天的气候不该这么热。

  45. He had no business getting mixed up in such a matter.
    他不该卷进这样的一件事情中去。

  46. You have no choice but to give up.
    你别无选择, 只能投降。

  47. I have no conception of what he means.
    我完全不懂他的意思。

  48. Whatever you may say, I have no concern with that.
    不管你说什么, 我都和那件事无关。

  49. I have no illusions about his ability.
    我对他的能力不抱任何幻想。

  50. It’s no good asking him for a contribution; you’ll have no joy from him.
    不必要他捐助什么, 从他那里你得不到什么。

  51. I advise you to have no truck with that man.
    我劝你别和那人打交道。

  52. I shall have no truck with such people.
    我不能容忍这样的人。

  53. This has nothing to do with you.
    这事与你无关。

  54. Mary had on her new dress.
    玛丽穿着一件新连衣裙。

  55. Do you have time on?
    你戴着表吗?

  56. I’m sorry I can’t attend your party, but I have a meeting on for that night.
    对不起, 我不能参加你们的聚会, 因为那天晚上我有个会要参加。

  57. The old man has one foot in the grave.
    那位老人已是风烛残年。

  58. He has retired from competition now, but he had his day when he won the all-England championship.
    他现在已退出比赛, 但他曾有过赢得全英格兰冠军称号的全盛时期。

  59. I’m surprised you didn’t have your ears burning last night because we were talking about you.
    我奇怪的是昨晚当我们在谈论你的时候, 你居然感觉不到。

  60. Don’t expect him to help you.He has his hands full already.
    别指望他帮你, 他已经够忙的了。

  61. He looks very rough, but he has his heart in the right place.
    他看上去很粗鲁, 但心地却很善良。

  62. I don’t know why, but she’s really had her knife in him at the moment.
    我不知道什么原因, 只知道她现在还对他怀恨在心。

  63. She has had her knife into the neighbors after the argument about the new fence.
    为新栅栏的事争论后, 她对邻居有了敌意。

  64. God, I have my moments.
    天哪, 我居然也有得意的时候。

  65. You’ve always had your nose in a book.
    你总是一头钻进书里。

  66. The workmen are to have their say about the new factory.
    工人们将有机会对新工厂发表意见。

  67. He always has to have his say, even if he knows nothing about the subject.
    即使对某个题目一无所知, 他也总会发表自己的意见。

  68. You have to have your wits about you in a dangerous situation.
    在危急的情况下, 你得随机应变。

  69. You have only to tell me which one you want to choose.
    你只需告诉我你要选哪个。

  70. He’s had possession of the house for 10 years.
    他已拥有那房子十年了。

  71. We’ve bought the house, but we can’t have possession of it before July.
    我们买下了这所房子, 但要到七月份才算实际拥有。

  72. The enemy may have recourse to steel instead of poison.
    敌人可能用凶器来取代放毒。

  73. My blue coat is ten years old, it has seen better days.
    我那件蓝色大衣已有十年历史, 太旧了。

  74. John had a number of irons in the fire, and he managed to keep all of them hot.
    约翰同时要做许多事情, 他设法把它们做得很好。

  75. He has parliamentary procedure and the rules and traditions of the House of Commons at his fingertips.
    他对议院法和下议院的传统惯例都非常熟悉。

  76. I’ve got a few ideas in my sleeve if this method doesn’t work.
    如果这个方法没有用, 我自有妙计。

  77. I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve if this method doesn’t work.
    如果这个方法没有用, 我自有妙计。

  78. Which side had the best of it?
    哪一方得胜了?

  79. He had the best of that deal.
    他在那笔生意中占了大便宜。

  80. They had the best of the bargain.
    他们在这次交易中占了大便宜。

  81. If you work hard, you will have the better of your classmates.
    如果你努力学习, 你将胜过同班同学。

  82. They have the courage of their convictions.
    他们有勇气按自己的信念办事。

  83. They have the courage of their opinions.
    他们敢于提出自己的主张。

  84. What he says is probably true because he has the ear of the Queen.
    他说的事情也许是真的, 因为他有见到女王的机会。

  85. I didn’t think you can have his ear.
    我看他不会听你的。

  86. Ade had the edge on his opponent.
    艾德比对手略占上风。

  87. Ade had the edge over his opponent.
    艾德比对手略占上风。

  88. I don’t know how you can have the face to see her after all the lies you have told.
    我真不明白你在撒谎之后还有脸见她。

  89. He might have had the grace to say he was sorry!
    他本有雅量做说声抱歉的!

  90. We all have the grace to do what you’ll ask us to do.
    我们都有雅量做你要我们做的事。

  91. Be smart, for they have the heels of us.
    加油, 他们超过我们了!

  92. While all our plans were still in the blueprint stage, our competitors had the jump on us by announcing their new model.
    我们的全部设计还在蓝图阶段, 我们的对手已抢在我们之前预告了他们的新式样了。

  93. Will you come to my party next Saturday?I’m having the key to the door.
    我就到了法定年龄了, 下个星期六你来参加我的成年人聚会吗?

  94. In our company the manager has the last word.
    在我们公司经理有最后决定权。

  95. I’ll have the law of you, you thief!
    你这个贼, 我要控告你!

  96. I’ll have the law on you, you thief!
    你这个贼, 我要控告你!

  97. They had the worst of the bargain.
    他们在这次交易中吃了大亏。

  98. I have no one to thank for all my suffering except myself.
    我受这些苦不能怨别人, 只能怨我自己。

  99. He had only himself to thank for his loss.
    他的损失是咎由自取。

  100. I have some trouble (in) reading the letter. His handwriting is very bad.
    我读这封信很费劲, 他的字很差。