21101 ~ 21200

  1. Let’s knock on for another half an hour.
    我们再干半小时吧。

  2. It’s the interest payments that knock on the price of a house over the years.
    是这几年支付的分期付款利息使房子的价格上涨了。

  3. I used to go out nearly every night but I decided to knock it on the head because I couldn’t really afford it.
    我以前几乎每晚外出, 但我决定停止, 因为我实在抽不出时间。

  4. Trying to get that class to learn anything is like knocking your head against a brick wall!
    想要那个班的学生学习点东西是白费气力。

  5. He knocked the nail out.
    他把钉子敲了出来。

  6. He knocked his pipe out before refilling it.
    在装烟丝之前, 他磕出了烟斗里的烟灰。

  7. Several of the child’s teeth were knocked out in the accident.
    在那次事故中, 这孩子的几颗牙齿被打掉了。

  8. The drug knocked him out.
    麻醉药使他昏迷了。

  9. The medicine knocked him out.
    这种药使他昏了过去。

  10. He was knocked out by a stone hurled at him from the other side of the road.
    他被马路对面向他投来的一块石头打昏了。

  11. Joe knocked his opponent out in the first round of the contest.
    乔在比赛第一回合中就把对方击倒了。

  12. No one expected that he would be knocked out so easily.
    谁也没有料到他这么轻易地被击败了。

  13. He has now knocked out most of the other competitors.
    现在他已击败了大多数的其他竞赛者。

  14. The supporters were disappointed when their united team was knocked out in the first round.
    当联队在第一轮比赛中就遭到淘汰时, 它的支持者们都感到很失望。

  15. The telephone communications were knocked out by the storm.
    风暴使电话通讯中断了。

  16. This job has quite knocked me out.
    这项工作真把我累死了。

  17. He actually knocked himself out with excessive work.
    实际上他是由于工作过度而把自己累得筋疲力尽的。

  18. He knocked out five letters in two hours last night.
    昨晚, 他只花了两小时就写了五封信。

  19. The news of the tragedy really knocked us out.
    关于这一惨案的消息确实使我们感到震惊。

  20. That book really knocks me out.
    那本书确实引起了我的共鸣。

  21. If you don’t tell me where you got that money, I’ll knock the living daylights out of you!
    你要不告诉我钱是从哪儿来的, 我就揍扁你!

  22. Our team was knocked out of the competition in the second game.
    在第二轮比赛中我们队被淘汰了。

  23. The news that she had lost the competition knocked the spirit out of the young singer.
    这位年轻歌手听说自己在比赛中失败的消息后变得垂头丧气。

  24. When the next speaker produced all those facts, he knocked the bottom out of my arguments.
    当下一位发言人提出所有事实时, 他把我的论点彻底驳倒了。

  25. The sudden blow knocked two teeth out of his mouth.
    这突然的一击打掉了他两颗牙。

  26. Knock the ash out of your pipe before you refill it.
    把烟灰磕出来再装烟丝。

  27. The diamond must have got knocked out of my ring when I dropped it.
    我把戒指掉在地上时, 钻石一定是被摔掉了。

  28. Coming too fast down the road, I knocked over a child on a bicycle.
    由于车开得太快, 我把一个骑自行车的小孩撞倒了。

  29. Jim was knocked over by a bus, but not seriously hurt.
    吉姆被公共汽车撞倒了, 但伤得不严重。

  30. The unexpected news fairly knocked me over.
    那意外的消息着实使我吃了一惊。

  31. We should be able to knock the other team over without any trouble.
    我们应该能够毫不费力地击败对手。

  32. “Where did you get all these watches? Did you knock them over?”“Yes, we knocked over a jeweler’s shop last night.”
    “你从哪儿弄来这些手表?是不是抢的?”“是的, 昨晚我们抢劫了一家珠宝行。”

  33. Mike can knock over three or four of those simple drawings in a day.
    迈克一天可完成三四张那样简单的图画。

  34. If you two boys don’t stop quarrelling immediately, I’ll knock your heads together.
    如果你们两个男孩不马上停止争吵, 我就要使用武力制止。

  35. You should knock their silly heads together.
    你应设法使他们明白事理。

  36. The builders can knock through to make one large room upstairs.
    建筑工人可以把楼上两间屋子打通使之合成一大间。

  37. We can knock the wall through to make a new entrance.
    我们可以把墙打通修个新入口。

  38. It won’t take me more than five minutes to knock a snack together.
    用不了五分钟, 我就能做好一份点心。

  39. The two pieces of wood knocked together.
    两块木头互相碰撞。

  40. His knees were knocking together.
    他害怕得腿肚子打战。

  41. The logs were knocked together as they floated down the stream.
    圆木顺流而下时互相碰撞着。

  42. Hey, Mum, knock something together for us to eat.
    嗨, 妈, 搞点东西给我们吃吧。

  43. Confronting great hardships, the surveyors never knocked under.
    在巨大的艰难困苦面前, 那些勘探人员从未屈服过。

  44. We refuse to knock under to any difficulties.
    我们不向任何困难屈服。

  45. Tell the servant to knock me up at five o’clock.
    告诉仆人五点敲门叫醒我。

  46. Run for the doctor and knock him up.
    快去请医生, 把他叫起来。

  47. We were knocked up by the police in the middle of the night.
    我们在半夜被警察敲门叫醒了。

  48. Even though they weren’t expecting me, they managed to knock up a marvelous meal.
    他们虽然没想到我要来, 但还是设法匆匆做了一顿丰盛的饭。

  49. This house was just knocked up.
    这栋房子是匆匆建造的。

  50. She knocked up against the table.
    她撞上了桌子。

  51. The boy knocked up against a tree.
    那个男孩不小心撞在树上。

  52. I knocked up against my old teacher in the town this morning.
    今天上午我在城里无意中碰到了过去教过我的一位老师。

  53. She knocked up against difficulties.
    她意外地遇到了困难。

  54. Number 30 has a red door and a brass knocker.
    30号有一扇红门和一幅铜门环。

  55. He made a knot in the rope.
    他在绳子上打了个结。

  56. A knot of people stood talking outside the door.
    一群人站在门外聊天。

  57. A knot sometimes forms in a tired muscle.
    疲乏的肌肉上有时会起硬块。

  58. The steamer makes 20 knots an hour.
    这艘轮船的时速是20海里。

  59. My thread has knotted.
    我的线打起结来了。

  60. She knotted the parcel firmly.
    她把那个小包扎得很紧。

  61. The prisoner escaped from the prison by knotting the sheets together and climbing down them out to the window.
    逃犯把床单系在一起, 然后爬出窗外, 逃出监狱。

  62. He knotted two ropes together.
    他打个结把两根绳子连在一起。

  63. I honestly don’t know.
    我真的不知道。

  64. He knows English and French.
    他懂英文和法文。

  65. I know he is always shooting off his mouth.
    我知道他说话老是漏嘴。

  66. He knew where she was hiding.
    他知道她藏在哪里。

  67. I got to know him in the autumn of 1963.
    我是在1963年秋天认识他的。

  68. I happened to know about him.
    我正巧知道一些有关他的情况。

  69. I know about him, but I’ve never met him.
    我听说过他, 可从来没有见过他。

  70. We know about magnetism by the way magnets act.
    我们通过磁铁的作用知道磁性是怎么一回事。

  71. Do you know anything about astronomy?
    你懂天文学吗?

  72. I’ll let you know all about it later on.
    以后我全让你知道。

  73. You know as much about it as I do.
    关于这一点, 你知道的和我一样多。

  74. Only their mother knows the twins apart.
    只有他们的母亲才能分清这对双胞胎。

  75. Anybody who compiles a dictionary has to know his alphabet backwards.
    无论谁编字典都得把字母表记得熟透。

  76. No, you really ought to stay in bed; remember, Mother knows best!
    不, 你真应当卧床静养。记住, 母亲说得最有道理!

  77. Doctors should ask nurses their opinion; after all, they know the patients best.
    医生应当征求护士们的意见, 毕竟护士最清楚病人的情况。

  78. You ought to have known better!
    你怎么这么糊涂呢!

  79. Fools may believe you, but I know better.
    傻子或许会相信你, 我可不会。

  80. I know better than to do such a thing.
    我不会糊涂到干出这种事情来。

  81. I know better than to lend him any money.
    我知道不该把钱借给他。

  82. You will know the house by its tall chimneys.
    看到那些大烟囱你就会认出那所房子。

  83. I know him by his voice.
    我凭声音知道是他。

  84. Let me know it immediately by telephone.
    马上打电话通知我。

  85. You must keep repeating the lines until they are known by heart.
    你必须反复朗读这几行一直到能背诵为止。

  86. I know fine that he’s not to be trusted.
    我很清楚他是不可信的。

  87. We know fine that’s a good idea.
    我们很清楚那是个好主意。

  88. It is well known for its lead mines.
    它因有铅矿而非常出名。

  89. I know you for a thief and a liar!
    我算认识你了, 一个又偷又骗的家伙!

  90. You’d better first know a friend from an enemy.
    你首先得分清敌友。

  91. At first I didn’t know him from another boy in his class.
    一开始我把他和他班上另一个男孩弄混了。

  92. He doesn’t know a knife from a fork.
    他连刀叉也分不清。

  93. I think our bid will be successful, I can know it in my bones.
    我认为我们的投标会成功的, 我能预感到。

  94. His greed for power knows no bounds.
    他的权力欲是无止境的。

  95. I don’t know the writer, but I know of him.
    我不认识这个作家, 但我听说过。

  96. Do you know of a really good hotel in this city?
    你知道这个城里有家真正像样儿的好旅馆吗?

  97. He would wish that he had never known of it.
    他但愿自己根本不晓得这件事。

  98. Such a kind of thing has never been known of before.
    这种事情以前闻所未闻。

  99. Imes knows his business because he has been in this line for years.
    因为艾姆斯干这行多年, 所以他精通业务。

  100. He is a conscientious man and knows his job.
    他很认真负责, 也很懂行。