38301 ~ 38400

  1. He is always ready to take on heavy responsibilities.
    他一向乐于挑重担。

  2. The old factory has taken on a new look.
    这家老厂已呈现出一派新面貌。

  3. They no longer have to take on large numbers of temporary workers to do the harvesting.
    他们再也不必雇用大量临时工来收割农作物。

  4. No more workers are being taken on at present.
    目前不雇请更多的工人。

  5. I took her on one side to ask what she said.
    我把她拉到一旁问她, 她说什么了。

  6. There is no proof of his story; we can only take it on trust.
    他说的情况无法加以证实, 我们只能相信。

  7. Let’s go there to take our chances.
    咱们去那儿碰碰运气。

  8. The old man was too poor to take care of his son, and had to let him take his chance in society.
    这老头儿太穷, 没法抚养他的儿子, 只好让他到社会上去闯了。

  9. Those orphanized children were left to take their chances in the world.
    那些失去父母的孤儿只好任其在社会上自生自灭。

  10. Take your ease, for the journey ahead will be long and arduous.
    好好休息一下, 前面的路程远而艰难呢。

  11. I take off my hat to his courage.
    我对他的勇敢表示敬佩。

  12. Driving that car with those worn tires would be taking your life in your hands.
    驾驶那辆轮胎磨损的汽车简直是玩命。

  13. He really hates shopping but he goes anyway, and takes his medicine.
    他实在讨厌买东西, 但还是硬着头皮去了。

  14. I know that he won’t like paying for what he has damaged, but he will learn to take his medicine.
    我知道他损坏东西是不愿意赔的, 但他必须学会敢作敢当才是。

  15. Duff would not listen to his father’s advice, but took his own course.
    达夫一意孤行, 不听他父亲的建议。

  16. They took their seats at the small round table.
    他们在一张小圆桌旁坐了下来。

  17. Take your time packing, for we still have one and a half hour.
    慢慢整理行李, 我们还有一个半小时。

  18. Please take the children out, their noise is making my head ache.
    请把孩子们领出去, 他们吵得我头痛。

  19. There’s a nasty mark on the tablecloth, and I don’t think the usual washing powder will take it out.
    桌布上有一块污迹, 我想用普通洗衣粉是洗不掉的。

  20. Mary and John took out a marriage license.
    玛丽和约翰取得一份结婚证书。

  21. He took her out for dinner.
    他带她出去吃饭。

  22. Why do you always take your annoyance out on me?
    为什么你不高兴时总是对我出气?

  23. The strikers took over the factories.
    罢工工人接管了工厂。

  24. She took over his work after his departure.
    他离开以后, 她接替了他的工作。

  25. He took us over to the window.
    他带我们到窗户旁。

  26. He took his son over this road.
    他带他的儿子穿过这条马路。

  27. I have taken two years over this book.
    我花了两年写这本书。

  28. He took me over my lines.
    他帮我练习台词。

  29. He will take the visitors over these rooms.
    他要带我们参观这些屋子。

  30. John takes part in many school activities.
    约翰参加很多学校里的活动。

  31. Joe took an active part in the struggle.
    乔积极参加斗争。

  32. He always takes part with his brother.
    他总是袒护他的兄弟。

  33. You always take part with the unscrupulous man.
    你总是袒护那些肆无忌惮的人。

  34. The threatening strike did not take place after all.
    可能来临的罢工终究没有发生。

  35. The evening party will take place on New Year’s Eve.
    晚会将在除夕那天举行。

  36. He seems to take a great pleasure in doing such things.
    他看来非常喜欢做这类事。

  37. The policeman took possession of the thief’s bag.
    警察夺过了小偷的包。

  38. You can’t get rich without taking risks.
    人不冒险不富。

  39. He took an heiress to wife and was regarded with suspicion by her family.
    他娶了个女继承人为妻子, 女方家庭对他的结婚动机抱有怀疑态度。

  40. The beautiful view from the top of the mountain took my breath away.
    从山顶看到的美景, 使我目瞪口呆。

  41. He invited me to his suite.The luxury takes your breath away.
    他请我到他的套房里去, 那豪华的气派真会令你吃惊。

  42. Who’s been taking my name in vain?I don’t hold such an opinion.
    谁在滥用我的名义?我不赞成这个建议。

  43. I had to go out so Jane took my place at the meeting.
    我得外出, 因此简代替我去参加了会议。

  44. The new building is beginning to take shape.
    新大楼已初具规模。

  45. His intention took shape in action.
    他的意向已付诸行动。

  46. They took steps to prevent the spread of influenza.
    他们采取措施阻止流感的传播。

  47. The shop takes stock every week on Friday mornings.
    这家商店每星期五早晨盘点存货。

  48. It is time for taking stock and planning for the future.
    是作出评估和规划未来的时候了。

  49. He took stock of the stranger.
    他仔细打量着那个陌生人。

  50. The captain halted the soldiers and ordered them to take ten.
    上慰命令队伍停下来休息一会儿。

  51. On such a nice day, one should get out and take the air.
    天气这么好, 我们应该到户外散散步。

  52. The sailors have taken the beach.
    船员们已经上岸休息了。

  53. She’s done stupid things before, but this really takes the biscuit.
    她以前做过傻事, 但这次实在太离谱了。

  54. If you take the job, you’ll be taking the bread out of the mouths of your fellow workers here.
    如果你接手这工作, 你就会夺去你那些同行的生计。

  55. He asked me to take the chair.
    他请我担任主席。

  56. That’ll take the edge off your hunger.
    那可以让你充充饥。

  57. They took the field at dawn.
    他们在凌晨打响了战斗。

  58. The captain took the initiative and led the soldiers out of the danger area.
    上尉主动带领战士撤出了危险区。

  59. Give me that gun, Jim. You’re not going to take the law into your own hands.
    吉姆, 把枪给我。你不通过法律擅自处理, 那是不行的。

  60. Japan has taken the lead in car production.
    日本在汽车生产中居首位。

  61. They took the lead in conducting the experiments.
    他们带头做试验。

  62. He took the liberty of using my refrigerator while I was away.
    我不在的时候他擅自使用了我的冰箱。

  63. This is an article that takes the lid off the world of professional gambling.
    这是一篇揭露职业赌博界内幕的文章。

  64. It should only take a few meetings for the committee to take the measure of the new chairman.
    这个委员会只要开几次会就可估量出这位新主席的能力。

  65. If all else fails, I will take the offensive.
    如果其他方法不行, 我将采取攻势。

  66. Every time the new teacher appears in a classroom he gets the piss taken out of him.
    这位新教师每次在教室露面, 都要受到一番嘲弄。

  67. It would be difficult to find a man to take the place of the secretary.
    找一个代替秘书的人会很难的。

  68. By and by electricity will take the place of coal.
    不久以后, 电将取代煤。

  69. The rain will take the shine off my boots.
    这场雨会使我的靴子失去光泽。

  70. Cinderella’s dress took the shine out of her sisters’.
    灰姑娘的连衣裙使她姐姐们的服装黯然失色。

  71. We must thank him for taking the trouble to cook us a meal.
    我们必须感谢他不辞辛苦地为我们做顿饭。

  72. I’m rather tired; will you take the wheel?
    我有点累, 你来替我驾驶好吗?

  73. Being beaten by a newcomer has really taken the wind out of his sails.
    被一个新来的人胜过, 他觉得很窝囊。

  74. That is correct; you took the words right out of my mouth.
    那就对了, 你先讲出了我要讲的话。

  75. Next year his father will retire and take things easy.
    明年他父亲就要退休而过闲适的生活了。

  76. I think that’s taking things too far.
    我以为那样做太过分。

  77. I soon took to her children.
    很快我就喜欢上她的几个孩子了。

  78. We took to his idea.
    我们赞赏他的主意。

  79. Now we have renovated our old bathroom, my husband has taken to having a shower every morning.
    因为我们已整修翻新了我们的旧浴室, 我丈夫已习惯于每天早晨淋浴。

  80. He gave up medicine and took to literature.
    他放弃医学, 开始从事文学。

  81. He took to French as though it had been his native language.
    他觉得法语就像母语一样容易学。

  82. He took to his bed in May and remained there for two months.
    五月份他生病在床, 躺了两个月。

  83. Don’t take it to heart, my darling.
    亲爱的, 别把此事放在心上。

  84. She took her failure in the examination to heart.
    她为考试不及格而伤心不已。

  85. She took the good fellow to her heart immediately.
    她一下子就爱上了这个好小伙子。

  86. It’s wrong of you to take the child to task for such trifling offenses.
    因这类小毛病责备那孩子是你的不对。

  87. After the failure of the rebellion, many of the rebels took to the hills and became bandits.
    叛乱失败以后, 许多叛乱分子逃跑躲藏起来成了土匪。

  88. Susan and her brother take turns (at) doing the dishes.
    苏珊和她的兄弟轮流洗盘子。

  89. The students took turns to clean up their classroom.
    学生们轮流打扫教室。

  90. He took up telephone receiver and began to dial.
    他拿起电话听筒开始拨号码。

  91. She takes up a child under each arm.
    她一手抱起一个孩子。

  92. I won’t take up much of your time.
    我不会占用你很多时间。

  93. This thing takes up all my attention.
    这件事占用我所有的注意力。

  94. I’d like to take up your offer of a ride into town.
    我愿接受你的邀请, 搭你的车进城。

  95. I put the telephone down and took up my work again.
    我放下电话继续干我的活。

  96. He took up the position that the meeting should be postponed to next week.
    他主张会议应当延期到下星期举行。

  97. It’s good to take up the threads of our old friendship after such a long absence.
    时隔这么久之后重新恢复我们的老交情, 这很好。

  98. My son has taken up with the Jones boys who live down the road.
    我儿子与住在路那一头的琼斯家的男孩子们很要好。

  99. The sudden noise frightened the birds to take wing.
    突然的噪声把鸟群惊飞了。

  100. Time takes wings when you’re enjoying yourself.
    当你玩得高兴的时候, 时间转瞬即逝。